Download and install Mcafee through mcafee.com/activate. sign in to your Mcafee account and Enter 25 digit Mcafee activation code to activate your Mcafee product .
McAfee SiteAdvisor is a program add-on that can be introduced into Chrome. It will rate the wellbeing of your indexed lists dependent on reports accumulated about every one. You can utilize these appraisals to decide whether a site is sheltered to visit.
Section 1 – Installing McAfee SiteAdvisor
- Visit the SiteAdvisor site in Chrome. You don’t have to utilize the Chrome web store or download locales. Visit mcafee.com/activate in Chrome to stack the extra legitimately.
- Snap the ” Download” button. The download is truly little, and should just pause for a moment or somewhere in the vicinity.
- Run the downloaded arrangement document. You will be provoked to affirm that you need to run the program.
- Snap “Introduce” to start installing the extra. The procedure will just take a couple of seconds.
- Restart Chrome. This will provoke you to empower the new augmentation.
- Snap “Empower expansion”. Chrome needs this extra brief for security reasons. When you empower it, you’ll have the option to see SiteAdvisor results.
- Choose if you need to empower “Secure Inquiry”. This is McAfee’s custom web crawler that channels out perilous locales. It will end up being Chrome’s default internet searcher.
- Play out a web search to see SiteAdvisor results. Utilize any web index to begin seeing SiteAdvisor results. Float over the SiteAdvisor symbol by a query output for subtleties. The symbol shading demonstrates the danger :
- Green – This site is sheltered to peruse.
- Yellow – This site has some hazard, for example, possibly malevolent connections.
- Red – This site has genuine security issues, and likely has malevolent substance.
- “?” – This site has not been evaluated by SiteAdvisor.
- Snap the SiteAdvisor button in the URL bar to see a site report. Select “View Site Report” to see a full report from SiteAdvisor about the site you are at present visiting.
Section 2 – Uninstalling McAfee SiteAdvisor
- Open the Control Panel. The procedure for this differs relying upon the adaptation of Windows you are utilizing.
- XP, Vista, 7 – Snap the Beginning menu and select “Control Panel”.
- 8.1, 10 – Right-click the Beginning fasten and choose “Control Panel”.
- Select “Uninstall a program”, “Projects and Highlights”, or “Include or Expel Projects”. This will open a rundown of the entirety of the projects introduced.
- Select “McAfee SiteAdvisor” from the rundown of projects. On the off chance that you introduced the Absolute Assurance suite, you’ll have to choose that.
- Snap the “Uninstall” or “Expel” button. Follow the prompts to uninstall. You may need to restart Chrome in the wake of uninstalling.
- Open your Applications organizer. This will show a rundown of the entirety of the applications introduced on your PC.
- Find and open the SiteAdvisor organizer. You’ll see a few records here, including the uninstallation documents.
- Concentrate the “uninstall.tgz” record. You can do this by double tapping it.
- Run the Uninstall utility. You should restart Chrome in the wake of expelling it.